Friday, December 17, 2010

Internet, Phone, & Cable Services...


1. CABLE: We do not have cable tv since we do not watch tv.

2. PHONE SERVICE: We do not have a land line. The cheapest land line is $40 per month. We use cell phones. My husband has to have one for his employment and we are all on his plan. His employer reimburses part of it. We pay $10 per month for each additional line and we have two. The total cost is around $100 per month before reimbursement but hubby takes care of this bill so it is not part of household expenses that I am responsible for.

3. INTERNET: Getting rid or internet or going to dial-up is not an option for our family. We pay for high-speed internet service at a rate of $54.99 per month. This is month-to-month. Based on a "frugal tip," I called my internet provider and asked them if they could lower my cable bill if I signed a 1 or 2 year contract. They said yes and lowered my cable bill to $34.99 per month! This will save us $240 over the next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment